At Good Goods Store it is our mission to create things that celebrate and care for the planet earth, people, different cultures and make our life easy and more sustainable.
My name is Anna Malus-Kitzmann and I have created Good Goods Store with the love for people and our planet.
Since becoming a mom to my two daughters, creating positive change and living more sustainably became extremely important to my family and me. We do our best every day to live more consciously, especially when it comes to creating waste.
Over 3 years ago I left my well paying advertising job to pursue a dream of creating products that will help reduce waste in our world while brining beauty, joy and easy solutions to everyone.
Long story short…after Christmas Eve in 2019 we’ve produced at our house two gigantic trash bags full of wrapping paper, paper gift bags and bows etc. I cringed when I saw that and I started researching how I can properly recycle all this paper and what I found out cringed me even more…
The waste created by wrapping paper is insane! Just few numbers for you…
- 3 million pounds each year ends up in landfills (can’t be recycled)
- 227,000 miles of wrapping paper alone is thrown to trash
- millions of trees are being destroyed
But there was more… You know this glitter and shiny cover that makes our wrapping paper so pretty and stronger? It can never biodegrade and is extremely harmful to our soils and oceans and ultimately poisons animals and us!
I research more and couldn’t find any solid alternative to tradition wrapping made from more sustainable material or fabric bags in larger/variety of sizes.
And that’s how our reusable gift bags were born!
Made from a eco-certified fabric - mix of bamboo rayon, organic cotton and tiny bit of spandex mix - our bags can be washed, dried and used many times to gift different presents, sizing from wine to larger items like shoe boxes. They are extremely easy to use, store and are made locally in cooperation with several small businesses in Chicago area.
In alignment to our mission our gift bags come in minimal packaging, which all elements of can be recycled.
The Good Goods logo was designed by talented @floriane_roussel and is not just a simple logo...
It represents our values, what is important to us and what we believe in:
- Good Goods means that we create and sell products that are better for you and our planet. It also means that we believe in the goodness of this world and people around us.
- Circle with flowers pattern represents our planet, which is flourishing and healthy
- Flower pattern in the logo and on the packaging is inspired by polish folk art (our founder is polish) and represents the joy of life and generational wisdom of a community that is and lives close to nature.
Anna Malus Kitzmann
Founder & CEO of Good Goods Store